Afternoon, Monday, 7th February 2022
***Full-scale policy conference taking place online***
This conference will look at key priorities for housing policy in Northern Ireland, with discussion on the planned institutional, regulatory, and policy changes and their implementation.
We are pleased to be able to include keynote sessions with: Deirdre Hargey MLA, Minister for Communities; and Grainia Long, Chief Executive, Northern Ireland Housing Executive.
It will be a timely opportunity to discuss the development of a new Housing Supply Strategy for NI - as well as the Private Tenancies Bill, which is intended to improve the rights and security of tenants in private accommodation.
Further sessions look at the reform of the NI Housing Executive and the restructure of its landlord arm. These reforms are intended to enable the Housing Executive to borrow and promote the involvement of tenants and employees.
The agenda is also structured to bring out latest thinking on wider developments and ambitions, including:
- the impact of the pandemic on the housing sector
- priorities for decarbonisation
- meeting current and future demand for housing
- tackling homelessness and addressing housing waiting lists
Our forums are known for attracting strong interest from policymakers and stakeholders. Places have been reserved by officials from the Department for Communities; the Department for the Economy and the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Overall, we expect speakers and attendees to be a senior and informed group including Members of the Northern Ireland Assembly, senior officials from local government and Executive officials, regulators and other agencies, representatives of housing and construction, planning professionals, representatives from local government and social housing organisations, together with representatives from charities.
This is a full-scale conference taking place online***
- full, four-hour programme including comfort breaks - you’ll also get a full recording and transcript to refer back to
- information-rich discussion involving key policymakers and stakeholders
- conference materials provided in advance, including speaker biographies
- speakers presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides if they wish, using the Cisco WebEx professional online conference platform (easy for delegates - we’ll provide full details)
- opportunities for live delegate questions and comments with all speakers
- a recording of the addresses, all slides cleared by speakers, and further materials are made available to all delegates afterwards as a permanent record of the proceedings
- delegates are able to add their own written comments and articles following the conference, to be distributed to all attendees and more widely
- networking too - there will be opportunities for delegates to e-meet and interact - we’ll tell you how!
Full information and guidance on how to take part will be sent to delegates before the conference