Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF
When it happened…
Wednesday, 8 September 2021
What delegates came to discuss…
This conference will bring together policymakers and stakeholders to discuss the next steps for the deal, and assess challenges in moving the deal forward.
The discussion follows the signing of the Heads of Terms for the Deal, which will see £210m contributed by the UK Government and the Northern Ireland Executive, with a further £40m provided by Derry City and Strabane District Council.
We are pleased to be able to include keynote contributions from Robin Walker MP, Minister of State, Northern Ireland Office; and Deirdre Hargey MLA, Minister for Communities.
The agenda will bring out latest thinking on:
- the City Region City Deal - looking at its vision and assessing the Deal’s projects, as well as progress and next steps in its implementation
- delivering the Deal’s vision - priorities for:
- attracting inward investment
- meeting the needs of stakeholders, including business
- improving the skills base and encouraging young people to stay in the area
- priorities for the whole region - ensuring the Deal benefits the wider North West
- building on best practice - lessons that can be learnt from other city and local growth deals
Officials from the Department for Communities, NI; Department for Infrastructure, NI; the Department for the Economy, NI; the Department of Finance, NI; the Department of Health, NI; DAERA, NI; the Department of Justice, NI; the Northern Ireland Audit Office; the Northern Ireland Environment Agency; and The Executive Office, NI.
Representatives from Apex Housing Association (NI); Armagh City Banbridge Craigavon Borough Council; Arup; Barnardo's; Bogside & Brandywell Health Forum; Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council; Clanmil Housing Association; Dalradian Gold; Derry City and Strabane District Council; Derry Strabane Council; Disability Action; Extern; Faithful+Gould; FinTrU; KPMG; NIPSA; Northern Ireland Civil Service (TEO) Urban Villages; Northern Ireland Housing Executive; Openreach; Police Service of Northern Ireland; Queen's University Belfast; Radius Housing Association; Special Eu Programmes Body and Women Centre Derry.