TO BE PUBLISHED January 2022
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF
***Full-scale policy conference taking place online***
The focus for this conference will be priorities and next steps for the recovery of health and social care services in the wake of the pandemic - as well as the way forward for improving service delivery into the future and key issues and support for the workforce.
It will be a timely opportunity to examine the Building forward: Consolidated COVID-19 Recovery Plan from the NI Executive, as well as recent announcements of funding to support carers and cancer charities.
We are very pleased to be able to include a keynote contribution from Robert Swann MLA, Minister for Health.
Delegates will also consider priorities following the publication of the Northern Ireland Mental Health Strategy and the launch of the Elective Care Framework - Restart, Recovery and Redesign, which includes a commitment of £700m over five years to tackle waiting lists.
Overall, the agenda will bring out latest thinking on:
- the policy vision for health and social care services in Northern Ireland and options for reform
- delivering improvements to the quality of elective care
- priorities for tackling waiting lists
- support for the workforce to enable continued quality of care
- implementing the new regional model for intermediate care
Our forums are known for attracting strong interest from policymakers and stakeholders. Places have been reserved by officials from the Department of Health, NI and the Northern Ireland Audit Office. Also due to attend are representatives from Belfast Health & Social Care Trust; Brennan & Co NI; Myers Squibb Pharmaceuticals; Cardiac Services; Carlisle House; HSCNI; Northern HSCT; and Vasculitis Ireland Awareness.
Overall, we expect speakers and attendees to be a senior and informed group including Members of the Northern Ireland Assembly and senior officials from the Northern Ireland Executive, regulators and other agencies, representatives of health and social care sector, private and third-sector health and social care providers, advocacy and patient groups, charities, academics and commentators, together with reporters from the national and trade media based in Northern Ireland and elsewhere.
This is a full-scale conference taking place online***
- full, four-hour programme including comfort breaks - you’ll also get a full recording and transcript to refer back to
- information-rich discussion involving key policymakers and stakeholders
- conference materials provided in advance, including speaker biographies
- speakers presenting via webcam, accompanied by slides if they wish, using the Cisco WebEx professional online conference platform (easy for delegates - we’ll provide full details)
- opportunities for live delegate questions and comments with all speakers
- a recording of the addresses, all slides cleared by speakers, and further materials are made available to all delegates afterwards as a permanent record of the proceedings
- delegates are able to add their own written comments and articles following the conference, to be distributed to all attendees and more widely
- networking too - there will be opportunities for delegates to e-meet and interact - we’ll tell you how!
Full information and guidance on how to take part will be sent to delegates before the conference