TO BE PUBLISHED December 2020
This conference will bring together key stakeholders and policymakers to examine the future for energy policy in Northern Ireland - and implications for the energy sector, its partners and customers.
It will be an opportunity to discuss:
- the Strategic Energy Framework white paper which is expected to be published in the second half of this year; and
- the role of the energy sector in meeting carbon emission goals, which will be set out as part of the anticipated Climate Change Bill proposed in the New Decade, New Approach agreement.
Further sessions in the agenda look at:
- key issues for infrastructure and energy security;
- the future energy market in Northern Ireland; and
- the impact of developments on the energy sector and consumers.
There will be keynote addresses from:
- Jo Aston, Managing Director, SONI (System Operator for Northern Ireland);
- Jenny Pyper, Chief Executive, Utility Regulator; and
- A senior speaker from the Department for the Economy.
Further speakers include: Rachel Anderson, Northern Ireland Renewables Industry Group; Pat Austin, National Energy Action Northern Ireland; Paulino Garcia, The Consumer Council; Dr David Joffe, Committee on Climate Change; Dr Inna Vorushylo, Zero-IN on NI Heat; and a senior speaker confirmed from Phoenix Natural Gas.
- Energy Policy in Northern Ireland - key priorities for the energy strategy;
- The role of the energy sector in meeting the 2050 net zero targets;
- Next steps for the development of the grid and interconnectors;
- Ensuring security of supply and effective infrastructure to meet future energy needs;
- Challenges for the market in the energy transition; and
- Balancing priorities - costs, competition and fuel poverty.
Engagement with policy officials at this conference
Policy Forum for Norther Ireland conferences typically attract strong interest from policymakers. This seminar will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with a range of interested officials who have reserved places representing: the Department for the Economy and the Northern Ireland Environment Agency.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF