This conference is bringing together key stakeholders and policymakers to examine the next steps for city and growth deals in Northern Ireland.
Speakers and chairs
There will be keynote contributions on the implementation of the City Deals in the Belfast City and Derry-Londonderry Regions - and on early progress of the Mid, South and West Region Growth Deal so far.
- Suzanne Wylie, Chief Executive, Belfast City Council;
- John Kelpie, Chief Executive, Derry City and Strabane District Council; and
- Roger Wilson, Chief Executive, Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Council.
There will also be a keynote address - from Joanne McBurney, Budget Director, Department of Finance - on the role of local, devolved, and central government in the city and growth deal process.
Further confirmed speakers include: Paddy Brow, Northern Ireland Water; Ashleen Feeney, KPMG; Joan Martin, Louth County Council; Róisín McLaughlin, North West Community Network; Mairaid McMahon, Federation of Small Businesses; Leo Murphy, North West Regional College; Professor Paddy Nixon, Ulster University; Scott Rutherford, Director of Research and Enterprise, Queen’s University Belfast and Marie Ward, Newry, Mourne and Down District Council.
The chairs are Colum Eastwood MLA, Member of the Legislative Assembly for Foyle and Leader, Social Democratic and Labour Party; and Lord Empey.
- Implementing City and Growth Deals in Northern Ireland;
- Co-ordinating city deals - collaboration and economic development;
- The relationship between the layers of government - the roles of local, devolved, and central government in the city deal process; and
- Promoting inclusive growth - using the city deals for economic and social regeneration in Northern Ireland.
Engagement with policy officials at this conference
This Policy Forum for Northern Ireland conference has attracted strong interest from policymakers. It will be an opportunity for stakeholders to engage with officials who have reserved places representing: Competition and Markets Authority; Department for Communities; Department for the Economy; Department of Finance; DIT; NI Audit Office and The Executive Office - North South Ministerial Council.
Price: £95 PLUS VAT
Format: DOWNLOADABLE PDF